Saturday, April 18, 2009

1st Annual Earth Day 5K

The 1st Annual Earth Day 5K was this morning. I was worried about my time and pacing for the race because my legs were sore (I ran 7 miles on Thursday afternoon, faster than I should have with a race coming up) and because the temperature was rising quickly. The race didn’t start until 10 AM so there wasn’t much shade along the course. I knew my time would be slower than my last 5K (24:09 a few weeks ago), but I was surprised to find that it wasn’t too bad. I finished in 24 minutes and 49 seconds and was the 3rd woman to finish!

Jason came to cheer for me at the finish line, and brought Safyre with him. I could just see her thinking “OK, now this is the lifestyle I was used to - being the only dog, spending time with my people, going places, getting constant attention.” She probably felt like a princess. I even shared my water with her like I used to, pouring from my water bottle so she could drink.

I felt bad that Abe was home alone, but he just doesn’t behave well in public. He barks non-stop and has no concept of personal space. I love him anyway :)

No comments: